Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Change of Plan

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks. Been down to Plymouth and stuff. And plenty of sleeping as well (don't know why I've been so knackered of late... Hmmm... Must upgrade my coffee =-)

Anyway, SavageBlog has had a bit of a change of plan. I've been trying to think of a way to design it. There were 2 options that I could think of:

  1. Store the data in am xml file, and then either run it through a stylesheet for the web UI, and a different one or the feed.
  2. Keep all the data in a SQL Server DB, and then incorporate into the DAL/BLL functions for producing the XML to go through the same transforms etc. For the web and feed
but I think I'll skip both of those stages. The actual content per se isn't going to be used by anything else, and there's something else I haven't really had a chance to use yet, which I think I could do with using, Serialization. It'll work out nicely in this case. Each blog object can be stored as a different xml file and I can use the folder hierarchy to organise it. Hmm. Yes. I thin that's what I'll do.

Need to read up about iSerializable, now. That'll be cool. It's always more interesting reading about stuff when you actually need to use it.

No comments: