Friday, April 30, 2004

Stoppy Starty

I don't know if everyone gets this, but I seem to have weeks where my little shop project moves swift as you like, and I start thinking about new features and things that might be unlocked by he wonderful gift of code, and then some days where things jst don't seem to work.

Spent 3 days trying to figure out how to present customer orders in a listview (after the dataview looked a bit naff). That must be about the least documented control in the world. Or I'm just not using it right. Very possible...

Anyway, managed to figure how to view customer orders in a listview and then remembered why I wanted to do it in the first place. NUnit is very nice to use, and boy do I get some joy when I see that big green bar unfold, but sometimes you haven't got a specific error you're trying to find. You just want to have a quick check to see that everything's working as you'd like. Nice thing to do, but really worth all those days lost? I don't know...

Still, I know more about ListViews than I did before, so I guess it wasn't wasted time as such. It'll certainly make it easier when I go to do the UI.

No comments: