Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Don't believe the hype.

Rightly or wrongly, I amd a grumpy old man. Particularly when it comes to 'new' things. If a movie comes out, and it's praised to the hilt in the press, I'll bethe one guy ho says 'nah. I'm gonna wait for the hype to die down.' It's not for any feeling of superiority. I'm sure that if a milion and one poeple say a movie's good, then chances are it will be. I just stay away from new hypie things.

So naturally, and in a completely subconcious way, without me even realizing it, I've been ignoring this research about yesterday being the most depressing day of the year.

No. I'm a cantankerous old bugger, and I'm not going to be depressed just because the BBC say I'm most likely going to be.

No.

I'm going to be depressed today, it would seem. I woke up this morning with a huge hangover, which wouldn't be so bad if I'd got wildly drunk last night; but i didn't.

I'm bored senseless.

I really do feel like I'm going to crack and start shooting in a minute.

Or I might not. I'm also feeling a more than a little apathetic today as well.

Grr.

I'm sure it'll all be better tommorrow, though.

Just wanted to share. Apologies, as usual, for irrelevance. There will be someting worth reading up here one of these days. Promise.

No comments: