Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The end of an Era

So I've just read here that Rory's left DotNetRocks.

It's a fair enough decision, I guess. Much as he was really cool, and a grat co-host, I sort of go the impression over the past couple of months that he was a bit preoccupied and generally knackered at the end of the week. Whereas he used to be really bubbly, active and really fun to listen to, over the past couple of months he's been really subdued, reduced to a bit of a 'hi' at the beginning of the show, and the occasional 'yeah. Uhuh' during the show. Who could forget the time when, half way through an interview, Rory shouts 'Gah! I'm gonna have to skip out for a sec. My dog's just crapped on the rug!' Ahh. Happy days (Or if you're me, Happy nights. Listening live meant staying up till 4 or 5 am Saturday morning. Killer!)

Not that I'm knocking it at all. You just have to listen to the guy's schedule and follow what he's been up to, and you can see any mere mortal would be ready to drop by the end of a week. To have to entertain and be informative after that? That ould take some doing.

So Rory's off to build his career. Good luck to him. And why not?

And Richard's a top notch replacement. I'd point to his blog, but he doesn't seem to have one. Suffice to say, he's gonna rock. It'll actually be quite interesting and a bit weird. I don't think I've ever heard him talk about code 'n' stuff. He's normally just the toy boy.

Just wanted to share, since it had me thinking.

At the end of the day, though. They could do anything they liked to the show, and as long as they had Geoff's hair at the helm it'd rule!

Apologies for sycophantism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol very funny