Thursday, November 11, 2004

First days with Firefox

Although it's desperately dull, I'm going to add a couple of posts about the funny things I find as I start using Firefox. This isn't meant to be any kind of review, but more of an aide memoir to myself, just in case anyone asks, or anything particularly interesting crops up. Feel free to tune out now.

Firstly, I realised just how little I use a web browser in isolation. Normally I browse the web using the built-in browser in some other application (e.g. Visual Studio, RSS Bandit etc.). The only exceptions are when websites are tryng to do something unsupported or disabled by the integrated browser.

As a result, my initial reaction so far is 'And...?'. I haven't been able to do anything I couldn't do before. I haven't noticed being any more private, or secure. There are a couple of odd behaviours I've noticed - all the text on Neopoleon.com
disappears periodically, and I have to scroll up or down to make it reappear. But apart from that, it's just more of the same, only with more public shouting.

Call me an MS fascist, or call me small minded and stubborn, but y'know, I really can't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I'm just too much of a grumpy old man.

I've just re-read this post, and man is it dull! Sorry about that.

Just wanted to share.

No comments: