Thursday, December 02, 2004

I've been thinking about this for a while...

... But Blogger was down yesterday and I'd forgotten about it when it came back up.

For those of you who don't know, I work for a charity in real life, and one of the things charities in general get asked about is how much of their donation income goes to admin costs. I was reading an article in a magazine the other day about supporter services, and this guy called up a charity to ask how migh their admin charges were. The conversation went something like:
Caller: So how much of your donation income goes towards admin?
Charity guy: About 7p in every pound.
Caller: so about 7%, then.
Charity guy: Oh no, I don't think it's that high...

The caller was then put on hold and tranferred to 2 different departments before someone finally confirmed that yes, 7p is, in fact, 7% of a pound.

Just made me chuckle, that's all.

No comments: